Instructional Designer - Human Resources
COME JOIN BROOKDALE'S WINNING INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN TEAM!
If you have been longing to work where your ability to develop top notch, user friendly instructional designs that make a real impact, read on............................ Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Researches, designs, writes, edits, and maintains engaging learning materials. Provides performance consulting to business owners, stakeholders, and subject-matter-experts. Researches, designs, schedules, and implements training initiatives.
- Uses instructional design principles and practices, adult learning theory, multi-media technology and other learning theories and methodologies to design effective learning experiences.
- Collaborates with Production and Design team members to develop and implement engaging learning.
- Applies basic project management skills and methodologies to the instructional design process (i.e. assessment, job analysis, course design, and development).
- Determines learning needs and appropriate delivery methods through performance consulting and knowledge of our business.
- Partners with internal clients, stakeholders, and subject matter experts (SME) to ensure content meets business objectives and is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Collaborates with production team to develop timelines, storyboard/script with text, voice, sound, graphics, and instructions for programming needs.
- Adjusts instructional materials created for one format to another format (e.g., adjusting instructor led materials into e-earning).
- Proofreads learning material for style guide usage and spelling, language, and grammar errors . Employs rapid course development methodologies to meet client needs.
- Monitors and maintain project timelines.
- Reports on task and deliverable completions.
- Develops quality and learning effectiveness measurement tools.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or other related field required. Minimum three years of related experience required. Experience using authoring tools (e.g., Captivate, Storyline) required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Knowledge of adult learning and e-learning techniques required. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.