Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Researches, designs, writes, edits, and maintains engaging learning materials. Provides performance consulting to business owners, stakeholders, and subject-matter-experts. Researches, designs, schedules, and implements training initiatives.
- Uses instructional design principles and practices, adult learning theory, multi-media technology and other learning theories and methodologies to design effective learning experiences.
- Collaborates with Production and Design team members to develop and implement engaging learning.
- Applies basic project management skills and methodologies to the instructional design process (i.e. assessment, job analysis, course design, and development).
- Determines learning needs and appropriate delivery methods through performance consulting and knowledge of our business.
- Partners with internal clients, stakeholders, and subject matter experts (SME) to ensure content meets business objectives and is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Collaborates with production team to develop timelines, storyboard/script with text, voice, sound, graphics, and instructions for programming needs.
- Adjusts instructional materials created for one format to another format (e.g., adjusting instructor led materials into e-earning).
- Proofreads learning material for style guide usage and spelling, language, and grammar errors . Employs rapid course development methodologies to meet client needs.
- Monitors and maintain project timelines.
- Reports on task and deliverable completions.
- Develops quality and learning effectiveness measurement tools.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or other related field required. Minimum three years of related experience required. Experience using authoring tools (e.g., Captivate, Storyline) required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Knowledge of adult learning and e-learning techniques required. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.