Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Creates a safe, functional, and attractive environment in our senior living facilities for all projects (renovation projects or new projects) assigned by the Director of Interior Services.
- Makes site trips to buildings with Divisional Director of Property Management (DDPM) and determines scope of work required for the project, as required.
- Creates scope of work and reviews with Director of Interior Services, Asset Management and Operations.
- Selects finishes, furnishings and equipment for building and creates finish schedules, furniture & window treatment schedules and diagrams needed for contractors to perform work on site. Reviews all selections with Director of Interior Services. Sends schedules out for pricing and coordinates with DDPM for budget requirements.
- Maintains communication with Executive Directors, Regional Directors and others throughout entire process.
- Establishes and maintains detailed records of all specifications and quotes and verifies that all information has been received by the Divisional Director of Property Management.
- Specifies artwork and accessories as needed.
- Follows up on installation dates / schedules with the Project Coordinator and DDPM.
- Verifies proper installation of all FF&E and finishes at assigned residences.
- Provides a post installation detailed document to Project Coordinator regarding missing items, damaged goods and contractor punch items upon project close out.
- Provides direction to team members as required.
- Establishes and maintains detailed electronic project files for future reference.
- Provides marketing assistance to communities as needed or per direction of Director of Interior Services.
- Attends regional and/or divisional meetings as needed or directed by the Director of Interior Services.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Art or other related field preferred. Minimum four years senior living or related industry design experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a private vehicle for business use. National Council for Interior Design Qualification is preferred but not required. If National Council for Interior Design Qualifications has not been met, should be working toward achieving the qualifications and then licensing.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.