IT Data Engineer III - Local Remote
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Leads and assists in the establishment, planning, coordination, analysis, architecture, development, configuration, implementation and support of data based solutions that benefit Brookdale business. Creates scripts for extracting, transforming and loading data throughout the operational and data warehouse structures. Conceptualizes, develops and owns the data architecture, data pipelines and centralized data warehouse with trustworthy datasets.
- Lead efforts involving analysis, design, development, testing, documenting, implementation and support of new and existing applications and solutions.
- Assist in the administration and management of application/server infrastructure and performance.
- Lead and conduct application/architecture design and development reviews as appropriate to ensure working within appropriate technology/standards. Responsible for establishing best practices, standards, and architectures working with co-development leads/architects.
- Support testing of application programs within the company’s development/unit test environments by ensuring that testing plans are developed according to the required methodology.
- Defines problems and draws valid conclusions based on collected data and established facts.
- Assist in the change management process. Serve as a change management role model by adhering to process guidelines and standards.
- Work directly with functional users and leaders as required to ensure support of business objectives. Responsible for full technical knowledge of all phases of projects, also having a good understanding of related business functions.
- Contribute skills to affect team’s success. Support other project teams and co-team members as appropriate, and coordinate and participate in training for subject matter experts, technical and functional alike.
- Lead the identification and resolution of application and technical issues while understanding and contributing to the architecture of systems.
- Defines application/architecture request projects as appropriate including scope, approach, deliverables, and detailed work plans. Prepares required resource estimates and/or aids in the estimation process to support project management.
- Utilize appropriate project management techniques and methodologies. Ensure that the appropriate documentation is completed for each project.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and written, with manager, peers, business users and company leadership.
- Understand and promote Brookdale culture and apply effectively when solving business problems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other members of IT and be passionate about finding problems in and improving IT efficiency. Work with other groups to help improve the knowledge, skills and efficiency of all teams.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field and a minimum of three to five years of Data Engineering related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. three to five years’ experience with standard development tools and languages with advanced proficiency in applicable technical platform is required (Any standard ETL tool, Oracle, SQL Server, XML, PeopleSoft OBIA, Python/R, RStudio, etc.). Three to five years’ experience in the design and development of complex business applications and solutions is required. Proven experience in leading larger projects.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Relevant certifications are preferable but not required.
Able to mentor other team members. Ability to manage tasks, set technology direction and delegate as necessary. Knows how to manage issues and needs little to no manager involvement. Needs minimal manager guidance to assist with priority setting and issue resolution. Assists others with priority setting and issue resolution. Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Has full understanding of all relevant company and department procedures and standards and is able to assist others to meet compliance.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Proficient with tools and techniques to assist with problem resolution. Leads research, analysis, and translation of business drivers into business, information, and technical requirements. Facilitates what-if / white-boarding sessions to explore and share data architecture concepts with peers and stakeholders. Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing centralized modern data warehousing/platforms that support self-service analytics Must be proficient in creating & maintaining data pipelines and have hands-on experience on one of the ETL Tools – e.g. Informatica, Talend, Microsoft SSIS, or similar programs. Experience with SQL, data manipulation, data profiling and data discovery, as well as Database Management Tools: e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar. Must have hands-on experience with various IT concepts of data management/engineering (ETL, data modeling, data warehousing, etc.) and have a strong understanding of data analytics and data wrangling. Proficient in developing packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and complex SQL statements. Conceptual and analytical thinker with the ability to define business requirements and extract, analyze, and synthesize complex business insights. Good communication skills including conflict resolution, interfacing with end users/consultants; writing discussion Documents (Spreadsheet, Flows, etc.); Excel; Visio; Word.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.