Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Performs the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies. Ensures the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner and that an adequate supply of linens is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Responsible for all assigned laundry duties, including dining room linens. Collects and sorts soiled laundry, linens, and garments and places them in appropriate containers or assigned areas. Separates items that require special stain removal/treatment. Washes items in accordance with established procedures. Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linens, and garments, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. May be required to clean floors, including sweeping, dusting and damp/wet mopping. Keeps walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from equipment and other surfaces, using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions. Discards waste/trash in proper containers.
- Uses equipment and cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with department guidelines.
- Monitors laundry supplies and reports inventory levels to supervisor.
- Reports any equipment irregularities and malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.