Room for Career Advancement
Beautiful Senior Living Community
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Performs the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies. Ensures the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner and that an adequate supply of linens is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Responsible for all assigned laundry duties, including dining room linens. Collects and sorts soiled laundry, linens, and garments and places them in appropriate containers or assigned areas. Separates items that require special stain removal/treatment. Washes items in accordance with established procedures. Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linens, and garments, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. May be required to clean floors, including sweeping, dusting and damp/wet mopping. Keeps walls and ceilings clean by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from equipment and other surfaces, using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions. Discards waste/trash in proper containers.
- Uses equipment and cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with department guidelines.
- Monitors laundry supplies and reports inventory levels to supervisor.
- Reports any equipment irregularities and malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attends all required training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.