30-35 hours Caregiving; 5-10 hours in Office On-Call position
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Ensures community is adequately staffed in order to meet resident’s care and service needs and in accordance with the company standards and guidelines.
- Supervises direct care staff as delegated by manager/supervisor.
- Ensures associate schedules are communicated/distributed to all associates a minimum of one week in advance (or longer as required by your individual agency).
- Effectively manages and communicates all changes in resident/client needs to associates as updates are made to the contract and plan of care.
- Manages on-call/after-hours business needs as assigned.
- Effectively communicates all staffing shortages and additional staffing needs to supervisor.
- Effectively operates and maintains corporate scheduling and billing computer system according to company guidelines and best practices.
- Completes daily billing in a timely manner, ensuring state and SOX compliance regulations are followed in regards to billing practices
- Responsible for completing review and reconciliation of billing on a weekly basis.
- Ensures billing information is complete and correct prior to finalizing monthly resident billing.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, residents, family members and community personnel.
- Effectively maintains client chart/documentation and filing practices as per company guidelines and best practices.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer one year experience working with older adults or in a related healthcare setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.