Lead IT Data Engineer BAQA - Informatica
Informatica experience required.
This position is a local remote role which means you must live and work within 2 hours of our Milwaukee, WI or Brentwood, TN office.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Assists in the establishment, planning, coordination, analysis, testing and quality assurance of business data solutions. Provides analytical data leadership, design, guidance and delivery for projects and subsequent support of the applications and services. Manages and conducts oversight regarding specific projects and processes.
- Lead efforts involving analysis, design, testing, documenting and support of new and existing applications and solutions.
- Assist in the administration and management of application/server infrastructure and performance.
- Attend application/architecture design and development reviews as appropriate to ensure working within appropriate technology/standards. Responsible for establishing best practices, standards, and architectures working with co-development leads/architects.
- Support testing of application programs within the company’s development/unit test environments by ensuring that testing plans are developed according to the required methodology.
- Defines problems and draws valid conclusions based on collected data and established facts.
- Assist in the change management process. Serve as a change management role model by adhering to process guidelines and standards.
- Work directly with functional users and leaders as required to ensure support of business objectives. Responsible for learning required technical knowledge of projects and having a good understanding of related business functions.
- Contribute skills to affect team’s success. Support other project teams and co-team members as appropriate. Coordinate and participate in training for subject matter experts, technical and functional alike.
- Lead the identification and resolution of application and technical issues.
Understand and contribute to the architecture of systems.
- Defines application/architecture request projects as appropriate including scope, approach, deliverables, and detailed work plans. Prepares required resource estimates and/or aids in the estimation process to support project management. Guide others in the estimation process. Manage technical sections of a plan. Take direction from project manager and provide status updates.
- Utilize appropriate project management techniques and methodologies. Ensure that the appropriate documentation is completed for each project.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and written, with manager, peers, business users and company leadership.
- Understand and promote Brookdale culture and apply effectively when solving business problems.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other members of IT.
- Passionate about finding problems in and improving IT efficiency. Work with other groups to help improve the knowledge, skills and efficiency of all teams.
- Train incoming team members on job functions.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and formulate strategies and plans for incorporating into existing applications/systems.
- Provides after-hours support as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field and a minimum of seven to ten years related IT or business related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Seven to ten years’ experience with previous programming using standard development tools and languages with advanced proficiency in applicable technical platform is required (see knowledge and skills below for details). Seven to ten years’ experience with development, deployment and support of web-based business applications (see knowledge and skills below for details). Seven to ten years’ experience in the design and development of complex business applications and solutions is required. Seven to ten years’ experience with data integration, messaging and services is required. Proven experience in leading larger projects.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Relevant certifications are preferable but not required.
Mentor other team members and assist others with priority setting and issue resolution. Ability to manage tasks, set technology direction and delegate as necessary. Knows how to manage issues and needs little to no manager involvement. Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Has full understanding of all relevant company and department procedures and standards and is able to assist others to meet compliance.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires analytic ability. Has an overall and advanced understanding of the work environment, business process and organization. Excellent time and project management skills as well as organizational and personal skills to work with a variety of people.
- Presentation /Collaboration (Soft Skills)
- Communication including conflict resolution, interfacing with end users/consultants. Writing discussion Documents (Spreadsheet, Flows, etc.); Excel; Visio; Word; Scheduling Meetings;
- Collaboration; Confluence; SharePoint; Change Control / Best Practice; ServiceNow (CR, Requests, Incidents); Project and Time Management (JIRA; PlanView)
- Required across all application areas below - Code migrations between environments; Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure; Patching/Maintenance/Support; Security/Provisioning (SSO, AD, Courion, Kerberos, SSL); Scheduling (DAC, JAMS; MS Task Scheduler; CRON); Software Environment and Metadata management; Operating System Administration (Windows, Linux); Administration of Application Server (Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, Oracle WebLogic); Version Control /Code Backup & Recovery;
- Business Intelligence Reporting - Advanced proficiency includes: OBIEE; OBIA; Repository (RPD) Administration; Answers/Analysis/Dashboard/Agent Development; OBIEE Subject Areas (Sales, Shared Services, Time & Attendance, Unit Revenue Management, GL, HR)
- Data Pipelines Source/Target - Advanced proficiency includes: python programming for API data pipeline deployment; specific skills include XML, JQuery, TSQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server RDBMS; Oracle RDBMS (Exadata optimizations); SQL developer; DB Design/modeling; N-Tier application design; Enterprise ETL Tools (Informatica); ETL load management; RESTful API design (FastAPI) AWS S3; SFTP; Data Warehouse Availability (A/B switch); Brookdale Source System Data Models (PeopleSoft Data Sets (GL; AR; AP; HR), CRM(SMS); RIM /MIMO /Unit Master /Residency Agreement (RA); Community Master/Property Management; Billing (Comview, CECIL, PointClickCare, HomeCareHomeBase, Optima; eRSP; Artiva); Clinical (PCC, PSS, Pharmacy); Help Desk (ServiceNow, TASKe, Keno Kosie; Marketing (Eloqua, Qualtrix, Treasure Data); Time & Attendance (Kronos); Dining (PEAR) ; Purchasing (Coupa /Supplier (API, Invoice, Expense, PO, Vendors); Ricoh (Invoice);
- Financial Planning - Advanced proficiency in financial planning software including Certent Clarity 7 (Data Entry & Reporting) and Oracle Essbase (OLAP Database). Specific skills including: Clarity 7 COM+ objects Admin; Essbase Programming; Forecasting/Planning for rolling 18 month horizon.
- Advanced Analytics - Advanced proficiency in code development and deployment for predictive analytics, specific skills including: Python; RStudio; R; R Shiny; Tomcat/Apache; Security (PAM/SSL); CI/CD; Jenkins; GitHub/GitLab; Dockers; Jupyter notebooks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.