Lead Network Engineer - Local Remote
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
At Brookdale, the health and well-being of our residents and associates is our top priority. All offers of employment at Brookdale are subject to a candidate’s successful completion of certain prerequisites which may include, but are not limited to, a legally compliant background check, drug screen, and any pre-employment testing or examination required by law, regulation, or Company policy. Brookdale has also adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Under general direction, manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
- Conducts internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Plans large scale system projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
- Train/Mentor entry level Network Engineers
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves connection, reliability, or performance issues.
- Designs, configures, or upgrades local/metropolitan/wide area networks (LAN/MAN/WAN).
- Develops configuration standards across network equipment in order to ensure integrity of the systems and service.
- Maintains information technology inventory records of wide-area and local-area network hardware and software as well as coordination of repairs and quality control tests.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university; Minimum five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Windows NT and HP-UX preferred. Requires expert knowledge in LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.