Lead Network Engineer
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Under general direction, manages the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
- Conducts internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Plans large scale system projects through vendor comparison and cost studies
- Train/Mentor entry level Network Engineers
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves connection, reliability, or performance issues.
- Designs, configures, or upgrades local/metropolitan/wide area networks (LAN/MAN/WAN).
- Develops configuration standards across network equipment in order to ensure integrity of the systems and service.
- Maintains information technology inventory records of wide-area and local-area network hardware and software as well as coordination of repairs and quality control tests.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university; Minimum five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Windows NT and HP-UX preferred. Requires expert knowledge in LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.