LPN - Home Health
Nurse on Call/Brookdale is immediately hiring nationwide: www.brookdalecareers.com
LPN - LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - HOME HEALTH - FULL TIME
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve.
We enrich lives every day. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsible for following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Follows the plan of care, providing treatments and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practices following a comprehensive assessment and plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include Hospice Aide, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietician or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic techniques.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a licensed nurse.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be licensed as an LPN/LVN in good standing in the state(s) where he/she will be providing services.
Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Ability to learn the hospice regulations and requirements, governmental regulations and CHAP standards. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organizational skills. Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.