LPN Health and Wellness Director
-Great benefit package options.
About the Director of Nursing Position
As Director of Nursing at Brookdale, you will utilize your leadership qualities to inspire, lead and manage the overall operation of the clinical team to provide the highest quality of care and services for our residents. You will proactively build relationships with residents, families, physicians and other healthcare providers for the coordination of exceptional personalized care. You will consistently collaborate with community leadership, mentor and engage your associates and build resident and family satisfaction.
Brookdale supports our Nurse Leaders through:
- Structured six-week orientation, a wealth of online resources, local nurse mentors and ongoing collaborative support.
- Tuition reimbursement to support your clinical expertise and leadership skills development.
- Network of almost 700 communities in 40 states to support you should relocation be in your future.
This is a great opportunity for a strong nurse leader looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced Director of Nursing looking to join a reputable mission and purpose-driven organization where you can make a contribution.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license and state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN)
- Driver’s license
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience, and Clinical leadership experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of technology, proficiency in Microsoft office suite and electronic documentation.
Top Perks & Benefits
We believe in order to best serve our residents, we need to first serve our associates. We offer a full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans with company match. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive-based position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
Visit careers.brookdale.com to learn more about Brookdale’s culture, see our full list of benefits and find other available job opportunities.
At Brookdale, relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. Do you want to be a part of a welcoming and inclusive community where residents and associates thrive? Our cornerstones of passion, courage, partnership and trust drive everything we do and come to life every day. If this speaks to you, come join our award winning team. 2022 J.D. Power award for #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Assisted Living/Memory Care Communities.*
* Tied in 2022. For J.D. Power 2022 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as residents’ healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community. The HWD level for each community is determined based on the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled services requiring an RN.
Education and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN).
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation.
- Skilled nursing experience may be required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness, or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: Drives self (Tier 2)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.