RN-Registered Nurse/Private Duty Manager
Home Care Manager/RN-Registered Nurse
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Manages the Personalized Living department (Home Care Agency) within a community. Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Personalized Living department (Home Care Agency) and interdisciplinary team process.
- Provides direct management of all Personalized Living (Home Care Agency) staff; to include coaching, counseling, disciplining and completing performance evaluations. Ensures adequate staffing coverage for the provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Motivates associates through staff appreciation, recognition, and incentive programs. Promotes positive associate relations and resolves grievances.
- Provides orientation, training, and education to staff on an ongoing basis. This includes classroom, in services and situation specific training.
- Ensures that community and corporate policies are disseminated and followed by all Personalized Living (Home Care Agency) associates.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual Personalized Living (Home Care Agency) budget.
- Works in conjunction with community associates and the administrator concerning the implementation and monitoring of program services and clinical program, if applicable and per state regulations related to the Home Care Agency specifically.
- Ensures effective Quality Assurance Program.
- Partners with community administration in preparing for state survey or other regulatory processes.
- Markets the Personalized Living (Home Care Agency) program to any appropriate audience.
- Coordinates clinical services for the program, if applicable, and per state regulations.
- Responsible for the billing and scheduling of services or the delegation of such tasks. Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Manages documentation process to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance with guidelines. Complies with all Safety and Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of national and state requirements for scope of practice, supervision, credentialing and ongoing competency. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of the Personalized Living (Home Care Agency) programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and community personnel. Participates in the following community committees as appropriate: Daily Stand Up Meeting, Collaborative Care and Resident Council.
- Participates in handling “on call” duties after hours and weekends.
- Responds to calls after hours and weekends in a timely manner.
- Available to staff working after normal business hours as a resource and manager.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in healthcare
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN or RN preferred; At least one year of supervisory experience required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within the department. Uses sound judgment
and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a
combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills; strong supervisory skills; high degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to work independently and manage time efficiently; high degree of initiative and creativity; good judgement; ability to employ professional ethics, and excellent analytical and clinical knowledge. Ability to project a positive and professional image at all times. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Driving Required: Occasionally (Self)
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.