Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
A maintenance technician is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures.
Oversee multiple grounds or spend time dedicated to a single facility. They work flexible hours responding to emergencies when necessary and completing scheduled maintenance. They keep a schedule of routine repairs, inspection sheets and supply needs. They may shop for materials and track receipts to make timely repairs. Inspect wiring, repair pipes, troubleshoot equipment, replace light bulbs and install new equipment. They document temperature information on boilers and other temperature control systems to ensure safety and identify discrepancies that could indicate a machinery problem.
All safety inspections, Oversee physical maintenance and operations of buildings, facilities and building systems
• Assist with planning and execution of building construction or renovation
• Manage budgets related to buildings and facilities
• Ensure building has enough supplies to ensure high quality resident care
• Maintain all equipment in the facility to upkeep our high standards
• Transport residents if needed
• Manage a part time transportation driver
Maintenance experience in working in an Assisted Living and/or Skilled Nursing facility/environment, is preferred.
- Must have at minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent G.E.D*
- Must be knowledgeable various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC certification a plus but not required*
- Must have knowledge of safety regulations*
- Must have a reliable source of transportation and valid drivers license*
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Keeping our communities running in top-notch condition requires the skills of an experienced maintenance technician. Maintaining the interior and exterior of community buildings and grounds is a great career for the individual who likes working with their hands and tools. Our residents will appreciate your services as you keep public and private living areas up to expectations in accordance with current federal, state and local regulations and company policies.
Requirements to be a Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technicians will maintain scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: HVAC, elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generators, landscape, kitchen equipment and emergency pull cord equipment. Maintenance Technicians will also perform general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned and respond to maintenance requests by community directors and residents in both private rooms and public living areas. They will also maintain positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector and any other jurisdictions governing the community.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.