Manager, Clinical Services - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the identified unit. Adheres to community standards and maintains the highest degree of quality care at all times. Remains in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Services in managing the day-to-day operations of the clinical services department on the identified unit.
- Assesses the needs and development of residents and implements comprehensive care plans accordingly. Consults with residents’ physician in planning resident care. Periodically reviews and updates comprehensive care plans, ensuring they are interdisciplinary and updated by the Charge Nurse as changes occur.
- Works with interdisciplinary team members in developing a discharge plan for individual residents and assists in achieving discharge planning.
- Conducts resident rounds to assess and/or supervise nursing care, assess condition of residents, and ensure a safe, clean, and comfortable environment. Assists Charge Nurse with resident care needs and audits documentation. Communicates and acts as a liaison between residents, family, physician, and staff.
- Participates in developing and maintaining policy and procedures that govern the clinical services day-to-day operations. Makes written and verbal recommendations to the Director of Clinical Services concerning the operations of the nursing department.
- Participates in associate evaluations and associate disciplinary action as required.
- Ensures proper transition of nursing reports upon starting and ending shift duty hours.
- Completes follow-up investigations and provides, or arranges for, follow-up education related to any medication errors as needed. Reports occupational exposure to blood, bodily fluid, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with community policy.
- Ensures assigned work areas (i.e. nurse station, med. cart, medication room, etc.), resident care rooms, and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. Monitors supplies and places orders as needed. Ensures medication room and medication cart are locked according to regulations.
- Follows up on any pharmacy recommendations to assure response and implementation of order changes.
- Attends regularly conducted staff meetings as scheduled by the Director, Clinical Services/Nurse Manager and participates regularly in continuing education in-service programs. Attends various committee meetings as required by the Director, Clinical Services.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate from Accredited Nursing School. Must possess a minimum of one to three years of experience in nursing service administration with one year of management experience preferred. Additional education or experience in such areas as rehabilitative or geriatric nursing is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current RN or LPN state nursing certification in good standing with no actions on nursing license. CPR and First Aid certifications must be current.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.