Corporate Communications Manager- PR/Video Production
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Contributes to the development of the associate communication and engagement strategy; consults with leaders at all levels to craft and deliver timely, effective, and meaningful communication plans; writes & edits stories, blogs, capsules, features, profiles; conducts executive interviews and focus groups; measures & evaluates communications to support Brookdale Senior Living’s strategic goals, associate engagement, mission and culture.
- Supervises internal video/audio production staff.
- Oversees and provides direction to outsourced services.
- Develops and manages video/audio production processes and procedures for intake, triage, review and delivery.
- Prepares, tracks and analyzes video production budgets and accounts for effective and efficient use of company resources.
- Provides internal consulting services to senior management and department heads. Discusses and analyzes business needs/concerns and develops video communication programs to effectively address and convey the company’s message.
- Develops messaging and talking points for media interviews, participates in and monitors interviews done by approved subject matter experts and executives.
- Develops and maintains content creation calendar and oversees steady production of content for public relations purposes such as blogs, stories, news releases, whitepapers, and listicles.
- Manages Brookdale Newsbeat, the company’s online newsroom.
- Serves as media liaison and spokesperson in both positive and adverse media situations, providing counsel to communities and interacting with local media during crisis and other situations, as appropriate.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Marketing or related field required and 5-7 years of marketing, communications, employee engagement, or organizational development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong emphasis on demonstrated creative writing skills and strategic thinking. Experience working with multiple levels of business leaders and sensitive information. Previous manager experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytic skills where limited precedents/guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Superior creative writing, editing and proofreading skills for web and print, including working knowledge and application of AP style. Ability to synthesize multiple perspectives into clear, concise, engaging messages for diverse audiences. Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship-building skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to respond appropriately to confidential and sensitive issues. Solid command of Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Understands graphic design and marketing concepts.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.