Manager, Dining Room
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Free meal during your shift
Flexible Schedules to meet the needs of the associates.
Use of Swimming Pool and Gym included to reduce stress and have fun at work!
Increase knowledge and skill set under excellent clinical leadership with opportunity for advancement.
Team Culture of Support and Purpose.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for providing quality dining experiences by overseeing dining room staff and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment.
- Manages daily operations of dining room, room service, and convenience store, if applicable.
- Assigns wait staff to designated sections and all staff to appropriate side work. Inspects work to ensure proper completion.
- Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly.
- Ensures smooth and timely opening and closing of the dining room.
- Ensures an adequate number of service employees for each shift and ensures absences are covered.
- Oversees resident billing of food services charges.
- Assists in producing weekly schedules with budgetary guidelines for service staff.
- Leads the training of all new dining room associates and conducts required on-going training sessions.
- Provides supervision for special events.
- May assist service staff during mealtime as needed.
- May assist in greeting and seating residents and guests.
- In consultation with the Dining Services Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains the resident request logbook and forwards these requests to the Chef and/or Food Service Director.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain and hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Must have outgoing and cheerful personality and be energetic, friendly, and organized. Must enjoy working with older adults and be capable of walking and standing for long periods of time. Ability to read and write English; ability to communicate with residents and other employees; ability to follow oral and written directions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.