Manager, Dining Room
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
To support our Florida associates in their journey to become a U.S. citizen, Brookdale offers to advance fees for naturalization (Form N-400) application costs, up to $725, less applicable taxes and withholding, for qualified associates who have been with us for at least a year.
Responsible for providing quality dining experiences by overseeing dining room staff and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment.
- Manages daily operations of dining room, room service, and convenience store, if applicable.
- Assigns wait staff to designated sections and all staff to appropriate side work. Inspects work to ensure proper completion.
- Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly.
- Ensures smooth and timely opening and closing of the dining room.
- Ensures an adequate number of service employees for each shift and ensures absences are covered.
- Oversees resident billing of food services charges.
- Assists in producing weekly schedules with budgetary guidelines for service staff.
- Leads the training of all new dining room associates and conducts required on-going training sessions.
- Provides supervision for special events.
- May assist service staff during mealtime as needed.
- May assist in greeting and seating residents and guests.
- In consultation with the Dining Services Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains the resident request logbook and forwards these requests to the Chef and/or Food Service Director.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. Obtain and hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Must have outgoing and cheerful personality and be energetic, friendly, and organized. Must enjoy working with older adults and be capable of walking and standing for long periods of time. Ability to read and write English; ability to communicate with residents and other employees; ability to follow oral and written directions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.