Manager, Email & Automation Marketing
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
The Email and Automation Marketing Manager will be an integral component of Brookdale Senior Living’s Corporate email marketing program by focusing on a mix of automation, analytics, data flows and technology. This position will optimize the functionality of our marketing strategies and tactics that ultimately drive growth.
Leveraging Salesforce Marketing Cloud, this position will provide data needs as part of the Email Team and partner across the Brookdale footprint (Marketing, IT, Resident & Family, and Sales Operations) to develop new email andSMS campaigns that help achieve the organization’s goals using a data-driven test and learn approach.
- Develops and manages user journeys, automation platforms, complex data segmentation, and personalization across the customer lifecycle with the goal of driving inquiries, visits, and move-ins.
- Identifies and administers data opportunities for a broad set of automated, triggered and manuallysent communications throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Stays current with email automation best practices and general innovations, assesses applicability to Brookdale’s email program and then builds on successes and makes recommendations for future
- Provides leadership and collaborates with key business partners such as Marketing, Operations, and IT to facilitate discussion, make data-driven decisions to optimize the customer journey and aligns the email
program with Brookdale’s overall customer experience and brand strategy.
- Troubleshoots issues, identifies root causes and provides solutions for recovery from incidents utilizing well-defined operational procedures, tools, and efficient communication across internal and external
- Monitors and maintains data quality and data hygiene; identifies and addresses data inconsistencies across platforms.
- Maintains the security and integrity of the application software, including creating and managing profiles, data fields, security, sharing model, data management, reporting, and software testing.
- Partners with IT and web teams to maintain cloud integrations and API architecture for marketing systems
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and leading successful customer acquisition and retention email data strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud data integrations: cloud connector, data extensions and integration with third party platforms required.
- Strong understanding of data transfer/data mapping techniques: API, SFTP and manual file uploads.
- Familiarity working with CDP, DMP and/or CRM for data needs.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of email marketing including business strategy, deliverability, testing and optimization, database segmentation and analytics, optimization, CAN-SPAM and other compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of test and learn practices (A/B Testing, Multivariate Testing, etc.).
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, and able to communicate and resolve issues effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: exceptional verbal/written communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated contributor with a can-do attitude who works well as an individual and within a team environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certifications (Developer, Administrator, Consultant), a plus
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and/or functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.