Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis – BAH
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Leads the Brookdale at Home (BAH) finance function in all aspects of operations finance and acts as a continual source of actionable intelligence for all disciplines including Operations, Sales, Clinical, and Asset Management. Establishes and nurtures trust with divisional finance leaders and acts as a source for reliable help and timely insight for the BAH operational leaders. Challenge and improve upon best practices with regard to analytical approach, reporting techniques, and complexity of systems and models. Strategically prioritize limited analytical resources to achieve highest and best use.
- Supports divisional finance leaders in analysis of revenue mix and impact on profitability. Identifies and implements opportunities to strategically negotiate rates up or down based on changes in market conditions, new competition, quality of referral sources and other competitive factors.
- Oversees BAH team in the annual budget and projection cycles including setting the calendar and milestones, tracking progress and holding budget contributors/analysts accountable to deadlines, preloading
budget data, and supporting divisional finance leaders with the division/region/community budgets meet pre-determined budget objectives.
- Manages BAH team in developing and maintaining forecasts methodologies that provide division leadership with insight into areas of financial risk or financial prosper.
- Manages BAH’s month end reporting of financial results to internal management on a routine and ad hoc basis. Creates and maintains existing reports used by various accounting and finance associates.
- Completes ad hoc requests for financial data to all functional areas within the company.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from Four-year college or university preferred; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.