Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Manager, Housekeeping - $500 Sign-On Bonus - This is a working management position. You will supervise your team and have cleaning assignments as well.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Manages and coordinates housekeeping services to ensure a high standard of cleanliness both inside and outside the community. Supervises the housekeeping staff and may be required to supervise other positions.
- Manages housekeeping staff and coordinates staffing schedules to ensure the proper cleaning of offices, public spaces, residential apartments, and community grounds. Conducts regular inspections of all resident and public areas.
- Plans and schedules cleaning programs, including but not limited to annuals, move-in preparations, and carpet cleaning.
- Oversees inventory of all supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Monitors inventory levels and may order all equipment and supplies needed for department. Ensures the safe handling and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Monitors department expenses; may work with Director of Housekeeping or Executive Director to determine budget.
- Schedules and conducts training sessions and department meetings for housekeeping personnel.
- Ensures staff is trained on the safe handling of cleaning chemicals in accordance with department guidelines and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal safety standards, MSDS, OSHA, EPA and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Informs Director of Housekeeping and/or Executive Director of any resident issues or concerns.
- Prepares resident charges/billing for housekeeping services, when applicable.
- Hires, trains, disciplines, and terminates department employees, in accordance with company policies. May consult with the Director of Housekeeping or Executive Director regarding these decisions.
- May assist housekeeping staff with cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, restrooms, kitchens, and other areas as needed.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and a minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience or training in supervision and scheduling required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Need to be flexible with schedule and time deadlines. Ability to supervise and schedule staff.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.