- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Will be responsible for achieving cost reductions in the total cost of goods and services, increasing vendor compliance, ensuring compliant bidders are utilized, and/or will have responsibility for improving quality and vendor service levels. This position will report directly to a Director or Senior Director of Procurement and is closely aligned with the senior level stakeholders at Brookdale, supporting their strategies and processes while maximizing Brookdale’s buying potential and savings opportunities, along with identifying and improving processes to drive efficiencies
- Utilize various Procurement processes to ensure that suppliers and/or contracts are put in place that meet the needs of our communities, while providing synergy in process and savings.
- Negotiate and implement local, regional and national agreements and/or strategies to support the savings, service, and/or process improvement goals of the procurement team.
- Drive contract and vendor compliance to the new and existing national agreements.
- Monthly reporting and analysis, including identifying and delivering a savings target % or Spend Management goal
- Track contract expiration and renewal.
- Provide oversight and assistance to project teams for cost analysis, forecasting and cost negotiations.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information & pricing as needed to establish community rates and capital purchases.
- Review general conditions, schedules, scopes of work and other exhibits as prepared by suppliers, contractors, and/or subcontractors to ensure pricing fairness and competitiveness.
- Coordinates with national vendors to determine optimal ship points based on freight costs and usage forecast.
- Identify and lead selected department Procurement initiatives, including Supplier Relationship Management, QBRs, RFPs, and new program implementation.
- Resolves community complaints and solve on-going issues to help drive continuous improvement for the company.
- May include the Development, coaching, and mentoring of direct reports. Conduct performance evaluations, recommends salary adjustments; takes disciplinary action as necessary
- Prior experience managing others strongly desired
- Experience with eContracts, eSourcing, Procure to Pay systems and processes (Coupa, Zycus) desired
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university, preferably a Supply Chain degree. Five to seven years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven success sourcing a variety of categories including: managing RFPs, vendor relationships, contract compliance, etc.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
CPM or CPIM preferred
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse Problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/guidelines exist.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Exceptional problem solving, research, data analysis and cost structure analysis skills. Strong collaborative and communication skills, demonstrate ability to influence and partner with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong analytical background – proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word. Project Management and Procurement Lifecycle Management skills. Independent thinker that is able to work in remote team atmosphere. Distinctive leadership, willing to make tough decisions, but well respected by internal and external stakeholders. Comfortable with conflict, willingness to challenge conventional thinking
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.