Manager, Resident Programs
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
The Resident Programs Manager has the primary responsibility and authority to oversee the quality of life for resident engagement as outlined in Brookdale mission and cornerstones, the Optimum Life philosophy and culture, as well as the Resident Programs Standards of Excellence. Serves as a part of the management team to ensure policies and procedures are understood, trained, and implemented. Hires, trains, and manages one or more full time associates to ensure all program expectations are in place and all customers involved have quality of life and are satisfied.
- Performs all duties in a professional manner and participates in community leadership decision-making so as to have a positive impact on community business operations including management of department budget and staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the management team regarding associate and resident engagement and quality of life.
- Negotiates and manages community contracts in significant matters such as staffing, contract labor, vendors and entertainers.
- Participates in annual resident satisfaction survey initiatives and addresses resident complaints and grievances.
- Participates in the review of individual residents’ service plans and regularly documents progress. Participate in discharge planning with other members of the management team.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies, using independent judgment for “in the moment” decisions, calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to the established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes, etc…)
- Ensures that Resident Programs meet all state, federal, and other regulations.
- Plans, develops and implements creative and exciting Resident Programs to meet the individual needs and interests of the residents within the community as well as through outside trips and events; including coordination of one-to-one programming for residents who cannot participate in a group setting.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards or Excellence for Resident Programs. Ensures Resident Programs’ mission and model are the foundation of community programs.
- Ensures resident welcome and engagement protocols are in place.
- Through independent judgment and discretion, manages a volunteer program, including recruitment, training, and supervising volunteers.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly calendar of events requirements are met.
- Ensures specialty programs are scheduled according to the Resident Program Annual Master Calendar.
- Ensures marketing, promoting and communicating materials are of professional quality.
- Ensures the Community environment (including equipment and supplies) supports a whole-person wellness culture for resident engagement.
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in recreation, health education or related field and two or more years of direct programming experience with older adults preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Requirements for California communities: At least one year experience in supervising associates and in training volunteers.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Basic typing and computer skills are essential preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.