Manager, SNF Rehabilitation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Responsible for the clinical and operational success of the rehabilitation program within a Brookdale Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). Ensures quality patient care and an exceptional customer service experience through the provision of appropriate rehabilitation services. Achieves specific clinical, operational and financial objectives through strong leadership and effective management. Partners with SNF leadership to monitor the rehabilitation program outcomes and assure regulatory compliance, prudent resource utilization and adherence to reimbursement guidelines under Medicare A, Medicare B, Medicaid and HMO/Insurance. Responsible for program development, as well as, internal and external marketing of the SNF rehabilitation program. Maintains the objectives, goals and philosophy of healthcare delivery in conjunction with the Brookdale Mission and Cornerstones.
- Facilitates a consistent service delivery of Brookdale SNF rehabilitation services including highest quality care for the patient and family.
- Sets program development goals, facilitates performance improvement in key department operational performance measures, and conducts ongoing evaluation of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Identifies problems and formulates solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and business objectives.
- Leads new program and/or organizational initiatives and is responsible for the successful implementation of programs. Takes responsibility for learning and managing new programs or initiatives within the department.
- Directs and supervises all SNF rehabilitation associates to ensure effective and efficient departmental operation and provision of SNF rehabilitation services.
- Promotes efficient care delivery, including individual, concurrent, co-treatment, and group treatment strategies per reimbursement and regulatory guidelines to facilitate achievement of patients’ rehabilitation goals.
- Determines staffing needs and coordinates schedules, including vacation and weekend coverage, to ensure sufficient staff availability for prescribed frequency of rehabilitation services coverage to meet patient needs, while maintaining cost-effectiveness and department efficiency.
- Attends, participates in, and / or leads when appropriate, SNF management meetings to ensure care coordination, compliance with State, Federal and payer source regulations (e.g. Medicare / Managed Care), patient satisfaction, and billing accuracy and quality outcomes. Coordinates communication with patients, family members, and SNF care associates to ensure successful care transitions for needed services outside of the SNF.
- Utilizes electronic medical records (EMR) program(s) and software applications to ensure efficient, effective delivery and documentation of rehabilitation services.
- Serves as an educational resource to the community regarding SNF rehabilitation services. Coordinates available resources for staff and families. Coordinates internal and external marketing of SNF inpatient rehabilitation program to identify, in coordination with physicians, eligible rehabilitation patients.
- Conducts monthly documentation performance reviews, communicates trends, and provides individual associate feedback for quality improvement. Ensures timely response to compliance and / or Medicare claim reviews and denials in coordination with Brookdale Regional Director of Appeals.
- Conducts ongoing activities to achieve program compliance with Brookdale policies and procedures, infection control standards, equipment monitoring and calibration, and State and Federal regulations for survey preparedness and the SNF Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in the recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding of new associates. Conducts associate orientation, training, and performance evaluations and provides feedback, direction and coaching for associate performance.
- Ensures associate compliance with Human Resource policies including, but not limited to, licensure verification, personnel file management, State / Federal / Brookdale wage and hour law regulations, device management and associate compliance with Learning Management System (LMS) completion.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team to achieve community goals including excellence in clinical outcomes, quality measures, restorative programming and customer service.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s, degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy Program required.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience as a SNF Rehab Manager required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Active license, in good standing, to practice physical, occupational or speech therapy in State where SNF is located. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has a working knowledge of a functional discipline. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills required. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical, professional, and clinical judgment. Must be able to communicate with associates, patients and families of various levels of functioning and various types of behaviors. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.