Medicaid Analyst - Customer Service
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for using established guidelines, tracking resident data, processing charges and paperwork, reconciling resident accounts, submitting billing and researching denials and payments for Medicaid State payers including Managed Care Organizations (MCO’s) for multiple states. Responds to written and verbal communications from residents, field personnel, financial/medical caseworkers and peers.
- Performs adjustments to the resident accounts based on census, cost share and rates. Maintains resident database for tracking authorizations, client obligations and charges.
- Submits monthly billing for multiple states through clearinghouse or web portals.
- Reviews payments from State and MCO’s for accuracy; corresponds with payers, communities and caseworkers to correct or modify payments received. Identifies potential issues through review of daily, weekly, and monthly generated reports.
- Researches and processes refunds for Medicaid residents, State and MCO’s.
- Researches, communicates and responds to inquiries from residents, family members, field staff and other departments.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum three years experience with Assisted Living Medicaid billing including state Medicaid programs and MCO programs with an emphasis on account resolution.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.