Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Relationships and integrity are the heart of our culture. They help us create a welcoming and inclusive community among our residents, associates and patients that feels like family. They guide us to be open in our communication with each other, and enable us to make the right decisions for the people who have entrusted us with their care. Our relationships and integrity work together to create a positive impact in the lives of the people we touch.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness – physical, mental, emotional, and financial. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Performs the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance/support, and upgrade of networks, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems. Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/WAN. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends networking hardware and software such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, security appliances, storage, remote access systems, and network management systems.
- Configures and upgrades local/metropolitan/wide area networks (LAN/MAN/WAN).
- Installs network/system and performs analysis on network/system applications.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves connection, reliability, or performance issues.
- Validates configuration changes on network behavior and performance prior to deployment.
- Provides implementation activities within the network infrastructure.
- Assists in support and maintenance of enterprise hardware environment.
- Ensures software and hardware are compatible with existing network and systems.
- Assists in developing and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Performs maintenance on network hardware and servers.
- Participates and performs in capacity planning and network monitoring, as required.
- Ensures proper system security procedures are in place.
- Serves as Tier 2/3 escalation contact for End User Services
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or other related area required. Minimum two years information systems experience, including one year experience directly with networking technologies required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working knowledge of networking principles.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.