Nurse on Call Admin Document Tracking Coordinator
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve. We enrich lives every day. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
This role coordinates and communicates all activities within the home health agency related to Centralized Services. The role is responsible for tracking referrals within the Centralized Service workflow including Intake and Document management, communicating all aspects of the workflow status with appropriate Home Health Agency staff and promoting an ongoing culture of collaboration and efficiency throughout the referral process. This associate will be proficient in Electronic Management Systems including but not limited to electronic referral platforms, Physician Portals, Forcura and HCHB. This role will promote strong communication in support of both Operational and Sales functions within the Agency. This role also support scheduling and other office functions as assigned.
- Coordinates communication of agency referrals to appropriate associates of the agency.
- Communicates with Central Services to address needs at the agency regarding referral management.
- Responsible for reviewing and directing Forcura documentation platform, together with other EMR information to the correct associate in the agency and in collaboration with Centralized Services.
- Serves as a coordinator between Centralized Services and the Agency.
- Facilitates compliance in the electronic medical record for notices provided to the patient or responsible party (e.g. Notices of Medicare Non-Coverage, DPOA documentation) in a timely manner.
- Tracks documentation management activities that are managed by the agency.
- Assures compliance with, and facilitates completion of, service agreements from patient(s) and/or power of attorney(s) receiving services from the agency.
- Keeps the Clinical Service Manager informed on aspects within the care team specific to documentation and referral management.
- Keeps the sales team informed on referral management.
- Prepares reports for scheduling tracking and participates in agency meetings to ensure patient and associate scheduling needs are met.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers, associates, patients/family members and community personnel.
- Adheres to communication and accountability guidelines established by local and regional administration.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to agency safety standards.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale and HIPAA concerning community and patient information.
- Assists with coordination of scheduling for timely initiation of care
- Provides support with scheduling as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Prefer one year experience scheduling and working with older adults or in a related healthcare setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.