Director Clinical Services-Sign-on up to $7,500 based on exp
Up to $7,500 Sign-On available based on experience!
Sign-on up to $7,500 based on experience
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve.
We enrich lives every day. Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Responsible and accountable for the clinical operational efficiencies and the quality healthcare outcomes through effective leadership and management of department staff. Consults with and advises management to ensure that department goals and performance measures are met.
- Provides input and plans in the overall development and administration of the agency as set forth in the policies and procedures. Directs implementation of approved work methods, patient care models and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high quality care. Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Home Health program.
- Reviews and evaluates existing policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their responsibilities and achieve projected goals. Communicates any changes to management.
- Participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and the assignment of personnel. Responsible for supervising, orientation and competency evaluation of all department staff. Provides mentoring through education, general meetings, timely evaluations, in-service training and management of productivity expectations. Responsible for interviewing and hiring all team members.
- Maintains the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times. Ensures the agency and all programs comply with state, local and federal regulatory requirements.
- Provides clinical oversight for all home health patients including referrals, initial certification, admissions, evaluations of eligibility and utilization of visits, re-certifications, face to face encounters, discharges, adverse events, etc. Coordinates case conferences oversight with each discipline reporting to ensure quality care for patients.
- Ensures an effective quality assurance program is established and maintained, including the oversight of all required agency manuals. Participates actively in quality assessment improvement teams, meetings and activities. Assists with and participates in quality improvement programs as required including chart audits and oversight of adverse events. Assists with processing appeals and denials as requested.
- Enforces the home health model by following workflow processes as established and holding team members accountable to task assignments. Reviews key benchmark reports with team members, sets clear expectations on performance, provides training/resources to achieve expectations and hold firm accountability. Responsible for facilitation of effective and compliant team meetings according to state and federal regulations.
- Provides a lead role regarding oversight and approval of effective workflow in the Electronic Medical Records application. Ensures that all team member documentation is compliant, comprehensive and clearly reflects ongoing eligibility as well as an effective patient family centered plan of care.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with management, reporting all operational aspects of the agency related to patient care, financial operations, physician relations, community relations or other areas impacting the Home Health Agency performance.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with associates, residents, family members and the greater community. Networks with professional resources and community partners to facilitate positive integration. Promotes customer service orientation to all home health personnel.
- Under the direction of management, participates with network plans, strategic growth plans, marketing activities, community functions and public health education events.
- May be required to provide direct patient care, on call and/or manage a caseload as well as complete admissions.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years administrative/supervisory experience. Minimum of two (2) years of Home Health care experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she will be providing services. Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Effective written and oral communication skills and human relation skills are essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.