Full Time Home Health Occupational Therapist opportunity in the Lakewood, Englewood, Arvada and Littleton area. At Brookdale, we provide home care to seniors living in our IL/AL communities as well as to those living in private homes.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, paid mileage and a safe and stable employment environment.
Interested? Please contact:
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Performs evaluations and assessments, administers treatments and screenings, and documents services. Assists patients in reaching their maximum level of performance and provides plan of care.
- Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in the following activities: initiating referrals; evaluating and treating appropriate patients; effectively participating in the care planning process; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals. Confers formally and informally with the physician and other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient.
- Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the treatment plan. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders. Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in his/her own environment.
- Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the device, orthotic or prosthetic.
- Refers patients for treatment to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) by completing evaluation and initial plan of treatment and communicating necessary and sufficient information. Supervises and directs COTA in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual occupational therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria. Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in the collection of statistics as directed.
- Adheres to Brookdale Healthcare Services policies and procedures. Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development. Attends in-service training as well as provides education to members of the patient care team and members of the community.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program. Successful completion of the National Certification Examination for Registered Occupational Therapist.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State license in practicing state.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.