Operations Specialist / South Coast Division
Operations Specialist Opportunity!
South Coast Region/Multi state travel required
Must have Brookdale experience as well as overall industry experience
NHA license and/or AL certifications preferred
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists directors of CCRC’s, retirement communities or assisted living residences with supervision and management on a temporary, extended or as needed basis. May be assigned to a residence during a management vacancy, start up, acquisition, vacations, and leaves of absence or may support a Regional Vice President with a special project, etc. Functions in multiple roles to include supervising, quality assurance, training, regulatory matters and direct resident care as needed. Conducts operations in a manner consistent with value drivers and strategic initiatives to uphold and improve customer satisfaction, associate satisfaction, occupancy, culture, and operational effectiveness.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and in the development and maintenance of a positive and supportive team atmosphere. May interview and recommend hiring qualified associates.
- Provides assistance in the areas of marketing, outreach, resident admissions, resident assessments and discharge procedures.
- May assist with and/or conduct associate performance reviews.
- May assess the training needs for staff, and provide training as needed.
- May assist in the resolution of budget discrepancies and variances.
- Works to resolve issues identified by residents and/or their family members.
- Ensures residence building and grounds are clean, free of trash and litter, and maintained in good repair. May perform routine safety inspections and ensure OSHA regulations for a safe work environment are followed.
- May assist healthcare management team to organize, develop, and conduct service plan reviews; supervises the maintenance of resident charts; reviews documentation performed by resident care staff.
- Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use. Must be licensed according to state requirements. Position is 100% travel; must be able to travel by air on company business, as required by the responsibilities and expectations of the job. Schedule will require ten (10) days worked followed by four (4) days off.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Makes recommendations regarding overall business improvement and function of community.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.