Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists directors of CCRC’s, retirement communities or assisted living residences with supervision and management on a temporary, extended or as needed basis. May be assigned to a residence during a management vacancy, start up, acquisition, vacations, and leaves of absence or may support a Regional Vice President with a special project, etc. Functions in multiple roles to include supervising, quality assurance, training, regulatory matters and direct resident care as needed. Conducts operations in a manner consistent with value drivers and strategic initiatives to uphold and improve customer satisfaction, associate satisfaction, occupancy, culture, and operational effectiveness.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and in the development and maintenance of a positive and supportive team atmosphere. May interview and recommend hiring qualified associates.
- Provides assistance in the areas of marketing, outreach, resident admissions, resident assessments and discharge procedures.
- May assist with and/or conduct associate performance reviews.
- May assess the training needs for staff, and provide training as needed.
- May assist in the resolution of budget discrepancies and variances.
- Works to resolve issues identified by residents and/or their family members.
- Ensures residence building and grounds are clean, free of trash and litter, and maintained in good repair. May perform routine safety inspections and ensure OSHA regulations for a safe work environment are followed.
- May assist healthcare management team to organize, develop, and conduct service plan reviews; supervises the maintenance of resident charts; reviews documentation performed by resident care staff.
- Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use. Must be licensed according to state requirements. Position is 100% travel; must be able to travel by air on company business, as required by the responsibilities and expectations of the job. Schedule will require ten (10) days worked followed by four (4) days off.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Makes recommendations regarding overall business improvement and function of community.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.