Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for initiating community admission efforts with doctors and hospitals. Develops all external marketing, public relations and community outreach programs to develop a growing base of referral sources for the purpose of achieving monthly budgeted occupancy goals for the community; coordinates outreach efforts undertaken by other staff and maintains a thorough knowledge of the community’s product and services to effectively and accurately represent the community to referral sources and prospects; maintains a working knowledge of the local market trends and competitors to assist in development of sales and marketing strategies and action plans.
- Responsible for tracking community resident occupancy levels and maintaining budgeted occupancy.
- Identifies, builds and develops an effective network of community and professional sources for potential resident referrals and establishes relationships that ensure continuing referral opportunities for the community. Minimum weekly goals include ten individual meetings with new potential referral sources, five “maintenance” meetings with existing referral sources, and sufficient follow-up to ensure minimum occupancy goals are met.
- Maintains an accurate record of current sales statistics and information. Prepares routine and periodic marketing reports in accordance with company policies.
- Plans promotional, educational, and other events targeted toward referral sources designed to increase awareness of the community.
- Attends staff meetings and works with all departments to ensure adequate communications pertaining to current marketing activities, upcoming promotions and current advertising.
- Provides internal sales back up and assistance for the Director of Community Relations.
- Answers telephone inquiries, schedules visits, conducts tours, and closes sales as needed or as follow-up on previous sales presentations.
- Effectively uses a computerized (where applicable) lead management system to maintain a high quality outreach and sales effort. Keeps referral, mailing list and customer information up-to-date. Uses database to orchestrate specialized outreach efforts including targeted mailings.
- Participates in development of effective sales and marketing plans drawing on information from the sales management systems and analysis of the competitive environment. Updates key competitor evaluation and price surveys semi-annually. Updates outreach plan on a monthly basis.
- Participates in new resident orientation and welcoming programs, as needed.
- Coordinates with other staff to ensure easy move-in for new residents.
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for revenue enhancement, operational effectiveness and continued service improvement.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Associate’s degree preferred; plus minimum of two years’ experience in sales and marketing. Related experience in Senior Housing, Independent-Style or Assisted Living preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Demonstrated abilities in organization, communication, public speaking, enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills. Basic knowledge of computers, including lead management systems.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.