Patient Account Representative
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Responsible for the oversight of charges input and billed to Medicare, using online systems, claims verification/management, and related customer service for patients. Responsible for ensuring that final claims are released with proof of audit from agencies. Responsible for billing to all carriers.
- Runs general RAP report.
- Bills RAPs.
- Posts charges.
- Works with agencies to ensure timely receipt of information.
- Verifies final claims through audit with agencies.
- Bills final claims.
- Follows-up on Medicare and Insurance Primary claims as appropriate.
- Corrects Medicare claims online as appropriate.
- Monitors aging claims and ensures timely processing.
- Provides support and direction to field staff.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum of one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Medicare online billing and Home Health experience is required. Experience with Medicare Part A is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with limited independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Full understanding of billing-related computer systems. Knowledge of insurance payers. Proficiency in computers to include Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to organize daily activities within the office to promote timely and efficient transmission of information. Strong communication and customer service skills. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills accompanied with the ability to work with a high level of volume and detail. Ensures adherence to HIPAA and all laws pertaining to confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.