Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for the complication of payroll data from various sources such as Kronos and manual adjustment forms. The Payroll Coordinator will process a bi-weekly and weekly payroll for both non-exempt and except staff which includes: reviewing deductions, verifying totals, responding to/resolving moderately complex associate questions or problems, auditing calculated wages to ensure accuracy of the payroll and processing off-cycle check requests.
Maintains and documents changes to payroll data within HRIS system and/or the Service Central ticketing system.
- Processes weekly and biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees.
- Reviews payroll deductions and ensures accuracy of payroll.
- Downloads payroll information to outside payroll service provider for pay card and/or direct deposit processing. Distributes paycheck statements.
- Inputs additional pay, time-off (i.e. PTO, funeral leave, etc.), and W-4 exemption changes based on submitted paperwork.
- Answers questions from managers and associates, regarding time reporting and payroll procedures.
- Works closely with the HR Department, referring questions on policy issues relating to payroll (such as overtime, vacations, etc.) to the HR Department for clarification and confirmation.
- Assists with annual audit processes and other accounting tasks as assigned by manager.
- May train and serve as a resource for less experienced payroll personnel.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), Associates Degree in Accounting or Business preferred. A minimum of one year of experience processing payroll for a multi-state company preferred. Experience with HRIS/Payroll database systems, such as PeopleSoft, Ceridian, or ADP preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
FPC or CPP certification a plus, but not required.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has strong oral/written interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail required. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Has working knowledge of payroll rules and regulations, FLSA and multi-state payroll tax and child support preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.