Payroll Coordinator, Lead
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Highly organized, the Payroll Coordinator Lead coordinates team member progress of payroll transaction completion within the payroll process timelines. The Lead is responsible for engaging and supporting payroll management and displaying intelligence and compassion to team members. With years of payroll experience the Payroll Lead is well versed in the payroll process and comfortable utilizing payroll and time keeping systems.
- Performs all duties of a Pay Coordinator as needed.
- Serves as a first level contact for team members and field staff responding to inquiries and resolving escalated field issues.
- Provides assistance to payroll current and new team members regarding payroll processes.
- Coaches team members to ensure excellent customer service standards are followed and provided to the field.
- Develops and maintains payroll processing desk level procedure and training documentation.
- Provides support and individual training to team members and field staff on payroll processes and procedures.
- Assists Payroll Supervisor by monitoring team schedules, ensuring adequate daily coverage.
- Coordinates team members workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Performs pay period audits of selected criterion to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of teams.
- Assists in the completion and submission of wage verifications.
- Approves off-cycle payroll payment team member calculations, ensuring accuracy.
- Assists Management identifying workflow process and procedure improvements, recommending changes as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree or 2 years of a Bachelors program in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 2 years payroll or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Ability to calculate; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively respond to questions from associates, managers, and vendors.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.