PRN PT Lakeway TX
Both Weekdays and Weekends
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Provides and directs Physical Therapy services to patients including screening, assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation. Functions under physicians’ orders and adheres to applicable principles and practices of physical therapy, Brookdale policies and procedures and state regulations.
- Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in initiating referrals; evaluating and treating appropriate patients; effectively participating in the care planning process; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Establishes individual patient plan of care to optimally address patient-specific goals and to comply with service delivery parameters in accordance with the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual, Managed Care Contract or other guidelines specific to long term care. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the treatment plan. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician’s orders. Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Accesses the patient’s record and records results of screenings, physician orders, discharge summaries and other information as required in the Community’s electronic medical record system. Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services following standards established by The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Medicare Administrative Contractor Local Coverage Determinations (MAC LCD) and Brookdale, utilizing electronic medical record software as specified by Brookdale
- Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in his/her own environment. Participates in discharge planning. Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Refers patients for treatment to Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) by completing evaluation and initial plan of treatment and communicating necessary and sufficient information. Supervises and directs PTA in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria such as CareTool and other standardized tests and measures.
- Participates in patient, family and staff education. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient. Attends in-service training and facility meetings as required.
- Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner, meeting all regulatory guidelines. Assists in the collection of statistics as directed.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the
healthcare professional. Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Programs as required. Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale concerning patient information.
- Attends in- service training as well as provides education to members of the patient care team and members of the community.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program required. Previous physical therapy experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Completion of the National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist required. License to practice physical therapy within the state.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Office and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication skilled required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.