Physical Therapist Asst SNF PRN
PRN SNF PTA Position Corpus Christi TX
SNF experience. Rehab Optima Preferred
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Under the direction of a licensed Physical Therapist, provides high quality physical therapy services to patients, including screening, treatment planning and implementation. Promotes rehab services within the Community, attends meetings and care conferences, performs administrative and billing duties within specified guidelines and timeframes. Demonstrates personal and professional work behaviors which promote the practice of physical therapy within the Community. Adheres to applicable principles and practices of physical therapy, Brookdale policy and procedures and State / Federal regulations.
- Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, optimizes the functional abilities and skills of patients by assisting in the performance of the following activities: assisting in the screening of patients; implementing treatment for assigned patients; delivering treatment to achieve identified objectives according to the established treatment plan; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Assists Physical Therapist in carrying out individual patient plan of care to optimally address patient specific goals to comply with the service delivery parameters in accordance with the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) or other guidelines specific to skilled nursing and rehabilitation. Carries out treatment plans developed by the Physical Therapist, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve those goals. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the Physical Therapist.
- Documents results of patient’s treatment following standards established by The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Medicare Administrative Contractor Local Coverage Determination (MAC LCD) and Brookdale, utilizing electronic medical record software as specified by Brookdale.
- Monitors patient’s response to intervention and consults with Physical Therapist if modification is indicated. Adheres to department and patient schedules and modifies as appropriate for treatment regime. Adapts treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Provides adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Participates in patient, family and staff education. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient.
- Attends in-service training and facility meetings as required and provides education to the members of the patient care team and to members of the community.
- Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in the collection of statistics as directed.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional. Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Programs as required. Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale concerning community and patient information.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in planning, implementation and follow-up of the patient therapy programs.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Complies with Human Resource policies including, but not limited to, maintaining professional licensure in good standing, staying current for personnel file items (TB Test, CPR Certification, etc.), complying with State / Federal / Brookdale wage and hour law regulations, device management and Learning Management System (LMS) completion.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate degree from an accredited PTA program at a technical or community college, college, or university.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current license to practice within the state.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issue to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.