Private Duty / Home Care Supervisor
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Supervises the Personalized Living department within a community. Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Personalized Living department and interdisciplinary team process.
- Trains and supervises Personalized Living associates.
- Delivers and coordinates clinical services for the program, if applicable and per state regulations.
Responsible for the billing and scheduling of services or the delegation of such tasks.
- Ensures that community and corporate policies are disseminated and followed by all Personalized Living
- Works in conjunction with community associates and the administrator concerning the implementation and
monitoring of program services and clinical programs, if applicable and per state regulations.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Coordinates alternative resources for associates and families.
- Ensures adequate staffing coverage for the provision of services on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensures effective Performance Improvement Program.
- Partners with community administration in preparing for state survey or other regulatory processes.
- Markets the Personalized Living program to any appropriate audience.
- Ensures that complete and correct billing information is provided to the financial department.
- Performs orientation and training for new Personalized Living associates. Conducts Personalized Living associate’s performance reviews.
- Manages documentation process to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance with guidelines. Complies with all Safety and Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of national and state requirements for scope of practice, supervision, credentialing and ongoing competency. Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of the Personalized Living programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, clients, family members and community personnel. Participates in community committees as appropriate.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Licensed Practical Nurse; or Registered Nurse Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Registered Nurse, pursuant to state regulations is desired. A minimum of two to three years related experience is required. Supervisory experience
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be over the age of 18. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, clients or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting clients
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills; strong supervisory skills; high degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to work independently and manage time efficiently; high degree of initiative and creativity; good judgment; ability to employ professional ethics, and excellent analytical and clinical knowledge. Ability to project a
positive and professional image at all times. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.