PRN Board Certified Music Therapist- Hospice LAX
Brookdale Hospice in Placentia is seeking a per diem Board Certified Music Therapist for our growing hospice team. Therapist need for our South team covering 91 south to San Juan Capistrano.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Support the unique care needs of patient, family, and bereaved through an individualized patient and/or bereaved plan of care. Assess and provide individualized music therapy consultations and services to the patient and/or family in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care while following all hospice policies and procedures. Support the business development activities of the organization. Provide bereavement counseling to family members as identified.
- Develop individualized music therapy plan of care by completing the music therapy assessment with patient and family when referred in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Utilize independent discretion during patient evaluation and guide the patient in the use of creative therapeutic activities for the purpose of improving or maintaining mental and physical function and quality of life.
- Organize music therapy interventions using various genres and methodologies.
- Implement the music therapy interventions in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Direct other care team members including, when appropriate, hospice aides and family members in the use of music to achieve individualized care plan goals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of music therapy services with the patient.
- Document all services provided to hospice patients and families in the clinical record.
- Terminate therapy services when appropriate.
- Provide in-services to staff, hospitals, nursing homes, and other facilities as requested and determined appropriate.
- Serve as the counselor at IDG meetings, participates in on call rotation, and assists with sign ups and consents for newly referred patients.
- Participate and/or facilitate Brookdale Hospice memorial services.
- Facilitate grief support groups as identified by the IDG.
- Provide bereavement counseling to family members, as identified.
14. Participate in the on-call schedule, as required.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Music with a concentration in Music Therapy. Previous experience with terminally ill patients/families is highly desirable.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Board Certified as a Music Therapist by the Certification Board for Music Therapy. Hospice and Palliative Care certified Music Therapist preferred. Must have valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- On-Call on an as needed basis
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.