PRN Nurse/RN-Hospice Orange County
Brookdale Hospice in Orange County is seeking a RN for prn and on call. Hospice experience preferred.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Responsible for providing direct patient care in accordance with physician orders, recognizing standards of practice and establishing company policies and procedures. Responsible for following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Follows the plan of care, provides treatments, and works collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practices following a comprehensive assessment and plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group, including Hospice Aide, Director of Clinical Services – Hospice, and Chaplain.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic techniques.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse preferred. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current State RN License. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Demonstrates effective organizational skills. Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community. Ability to learn the hospice regulations and requirements, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.