PRN Physical Therapist PT home health - greater Edina, Minnetonka, Plymouth MN area
Immediately Hiring Nationwide
PRN Home Health PT for the greater Edina, Minnetonka, Plymouth area
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides and directs Physical Therapy services to patients including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation. Functions under physicians’ orders and adheres to applicable principles and practices of physical therapy, Brookdale Healthcare Services policies and procedures and state regulations.
- Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in initiating referrals; evaluating and treating appropriate patients; effectively participating in the care planning process; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in the treatment plan. Monitors patient’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician’s orders. Documents results of patient’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services. Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in his/her own environment. Participates in discharge planning. Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Refers patients for treatment to Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA) by completing evaluation and initial plan of treatment and communicating necessary and sufficient information. Supervises and directs PTA in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in patient, family and staff education. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient. Attend in-service training and facility meetings as required.
- Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in the collection of statistics as directed.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional. Assists with and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement Program as required. Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale Healthcare Services concerning patient information.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of the patient therapy programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Completion of the National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist. License to practice
physical therapy within the state. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.