PRN RN LPN Home Health
Immediately hiring nationwide
PRN LPN Home Health
Territory Pt Charlotte
Nurse on Call - Home Healthcare by Brookdale, is a Medicare certified agency providing home healthcare services. We take pride in our strong reputation for furnishing the high quality skilled nursing, rehabilitation and related services that our patients and their families and physicians expect and deserve. We enrich lives every day.
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Administers quality, skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home and in accordance with physician orders and the Plan of Care (POC) under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Director, Clinical Services. Performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the provision of quality patient care.
- Under the direction of a RN, provides patient care and identifies the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of patients.
- Verifies Plan of Care prior to each visit and provides care according to the physician’s orders, assessment data, established standards and guidelines and documents accordingly. Incorporates short and long term goals as established by the Plan of Care into nursing care, as evidenced by documentation in the nursing notes.
- Performs an ongoing assessment during each visit and documents data in patient medical records. Communicates significant findings, problems, or changes in the patient’s condition to the supervising RN and/or Director of Clinical Services and the physician and documents all findings, communications and appropriate interventions. Documents nursing interventions including patient response.
- Assesses patient/caregiver’s knowledge of disease process, treatment regimen and/or medication administration. Provides basic and specialized teaching as ordered in the Plan of Care and based on the patient’s needs. Identifies and recommends other disciplines needed for quality care of the patient.
- Performs with current standards of practice and with the agency’s policies and procedures. Ensures that all nursing notes, supply logs/visit logs are accurate and turned into the office according to agency policy.
- Prioritizes patients’ schedules based on patient needs and provides services in an efficient, timely manner to all assigned patients. Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing patient assignments and documentation within projected time frames and arrives to appointments on schedule.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and responds appropriately.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency. Attends scheduled meetings, in-services, workshops, etc.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited LPN/LVN program. Minimum of one year experience as an LPN/LVN in a clinical care setting. Home care experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be licensed as an LPN/LVN in good standing in the state(s) where he/she will be providing services.
Meets all additional requirements for hire including state specific requirements.
Valid driver’s license with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order. Current BCLS prior to delivering patient care.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Promotes agency philosophy, mission statement and administrative policies to ensure quality of care. Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality with regard to patient, staff and agency information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Demonstrates an interest in working with a senior population. Ability to establish an effective working relationship with all departments and the community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Demonstrates attention to detail. Must be able follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.