Procurement Specialist - Supplier Relationship
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Works closely with the Procurement Manager to define approach to managing the end-to-end supplier lifecycle at Brookdale. Responsible for supporting the process of identifying new suppliers, collecting & maintaining accurate supplier information, unifying the ordering and invoicing process, and the process by which supplier relationships are terminated.
- On-boards, manages, and terminates supplier relationships at the direction of the Procurement Manager, communities, and, or business stakeholders.
- Reviews new supplier requests for compliance, redirects to a national or preferred supplier as needed.
- Ensures compliance to the Supplier on-boarding process, invoice process, and information management tool requirements.
- Reports data, maintains support tools, and ensures back-office processes related to Supplier on-boarding exist.
- Communicates expectations for registering and maintaining supplier information records to suppliers, stakeholders, and Procurement team.
- Supports e-Procurement and Procure 2 Pay process improvements by partnering with Procurement and Accounts Payable.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university preferred. Entry level to four years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven success sourcing categories, managing categories, and, or supplier relationship management for a national, multi-location organization including: managing RFP’s, supplier relationships, contract compliance, etc.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgement to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Strong customer service skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel are required. Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong analytical background – proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word. Strong communication skills. Research and data analysis – cost structure analysis skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.