Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Responsible for category management, strategic sourcing, and, or supplier relationship management as directed by the Procurement department. Responsible for the day to day activities related to Brookdale communities and corporate offices spend in various categories.
- Utilizes Procurement processes to ensure that suppliers are selected and, or contracts executed that meet the needs of Brookdale communities and corporate offices, while providing synergy in processes and, or savings.
- Negotiates and implements local, regional, and national agreements and, or process enhancements to support the savings and service goals of the Procurement team.
- Drives contract and vendor compliance to the new and existing national agreements and programs.
- Supports communication and training to associates of preferred programs and processes.
- Assists associates with general questions on preferred suppliers, programs, and processes.
- Completes monthly reporting and analysis.
- Tracks contract expiration and renewal and, or invoice processes utilized by supplier.
- Facilitates knowledge share with Procurement team, Accounts Payable, Operations, Finance, Asset Management, and other teams as necessary for consistency in research, quality assurance, process, and performance metrics and pricing.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university preferred. Entry level to four years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven success sourcing categories, managing categories, and, or supplier relationship management for a national, multi-location organization including: managing RFP’s, supplier relationships, contract compliance, etc.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgement to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has a working knowledge of the organization. Strong customer service skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel are required. Demonstrated ability to influence and partner with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong analytical background – proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word. Strong communication skills. Research and data analysis – cost structure analysis skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.