Receptionist, Lead - FULL TIME
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
· Benefit plan package
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
· Associate Compassion Fund
· Associate Discounts
· Identity theft protection
· Pet savings and insurance plans
· Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
· Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
· Adoption Benefit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
· Voluntary STD and LTD
Responsible for leading the reception area and serving the needs of residents, visitors, and staff by offering information and assistance in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner.
- Serves as the lead for the reception area. Greets all visitors entering facility in a courteous, warm and professional manner. May provide drinks and other comfort amenities as deemed appropriate while waiting. Ensures that guests sign guest sheets and locates correct resident or party to escort visitors, answer questions, etc. Notifies residents of visitors and obtains directions regarding their desires on receiving guests and handles them accordingly.
- Promotes positive image of community and serves as ambassador of community to visitors. May answer general questions regarding community to potential residents and inquiring families. Provides informational brochures and packets as requested. Ensures proper referrals to marketing staff.
- Receives incoming phone calls and directs to proper residents and staff. Maintains and updates log of emergency phone numbers. Also maintains contact information for residents and staff.
- Receives all mail for community and residents; sorts and delivers appropriately to mail locations. Collects outgoing packages and mail; ensures their proper handling, charging and collection by postal and shipping companies. Delivers newspapers, waters plants, straightens office and lobby, and prepares refreshments.
- May check visitors into guest suites and ensures that questions are answered and access is granted.
- May call for transportation as requested by residents. Maintains logs on resident check in lights and visual check in. Alerts staff when residents may not appear as expected.
- May routinely perform basic typing, filing and clerical work as requested. Maintains community resident rosters and other community information as requested. May update birthday lists and complete card mailings.
- Responds appropriate to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to established protocol. May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities during evacuations, (i.e. hurricanes, etc.)
- May assist Executive Director in community admissions and discharges.
- May takes prospective residents and/or their families on tours of the community when marketing and administrative personnel are not available.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic typing skills essential along with basic knowledge of PC’s and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine correspondence. Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.