Reg Dir, Survey Readiness-BHS
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for the overall management of the survey readiness process for BHS Home Health/Hospice Agencies. Maintains the objectives, goals, and philosophy congruent with the Brookdale Healthcare Services mission.
- Responsible for managing the survey process for BHS Home Health/Hospice Agencies.
- Indirectly supervises BHS Director Operations, Director of Clinical Services and Director Professional Services regarding survey status.
- Reports survey status to Senior Director of Survey, District Director of Operations, Regional Vice President and Vice Presidents of Regulatory Support.
- Serves as a resource to state /federal surveyors during a survey. Communicates with the surveyor, provides local support, participates in the exit interview, prepares post survey Plan of Correction (POC), and ensures training and details of POC are carried out.
- Assists in training of regulatory and compliance issues for new BHS Home Health/Hospice agencies.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy/Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program. Successful completion of the National Certification Examination for Physical Therapists or Registered Occupational Therapist, State Licensure Boards for Nursing or Certificate of Clinical Competency for Speech Language Pathology. Minimum of five years of clinical experience as a therapist or nurse and three years of management experience. Proven clinical proficiency and knowledge of training and education principles.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current state licensure and / or minimum qualifications required for a therapist/nursing position. Extensive travel required. Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results. Excellent communication and teaching skills required. Word processing and related computer skills required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.