District Director of Clinical Services with Brookdale Senior Living
Eastern Washington Market
Multi-site position supporting 10 Brookdale assisted living and memory care locations
Excellent Orientation Program
Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity
Relocation Assistance Available
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Matched 401(k)
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
To support our associates in their journey to become a U.S. citizen, Brookdale offers to advance fees for naturalization (Form N-400) application costs, up to $725, less applicable taxes and withholding, for qualified associates who have been with us for at least a year.
Provides clinical expertise and support to Regional Directors, Executive Directors, RN Case Managers, Health and Wellness Directors, and staff nurses. This includes health care activities, training and development of staff, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports the implementation of health care services, policies and procedures in collaboration with Regional Directors, Executive Directors, RN Case Managers, and Health and Wellness Directors.
- Conducts regular quality audits through site visits and Standards and Expectations Walkthrough (SEW) audits of all health care areas to ensure compliance with Brookdale standards and state regulations, appropriate resident assessments, charges, and placement, appropriate staffing, staff training, and quality assurance. Reports information to Health and Wellness Director, Executive Director,
- Regional Director of Operations, and Divisional Director of Health Services and Quality.
- Provides clinical guidance to field staff, when necessary, to determine appropriateness for resident move-ins.
- Promotes problem solving for meeting resident needs and utilizing community resources and support systems.
- Provides guidance to Regional Directors and Executive Directors to identify providers of ancillary services and support.
- Participates in hiring, training, and mentoring RN Case Managers and Health and Wellness Directors.
- Analyzes resident and medication incident reports with Regional Director of Operations; assesses trends and assists with process improvement plans, with input from the Divisional Director of Health Services and Quality, as appropriate.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives as directed by the Divisional Director of Health Services and Quality or regional management.
- Analyzes various healthcare reports, trends, and move-outs to assist the Regional Director of Operations in process improvement efforts.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from four-year college or university; must have RN license; and minimum of five to seven years related experience and/or training, most of which are in the geriatric field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the elderly required and must have a thorough understanding of aging issues related to health.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Licensed as a registered nurse. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business travel.
Makes analytical decisions and is accountable for all actions made by a department or group. Uses a high degree of analytical ability using sound judgment acquired through significant experience to solve complex and varied problems that could result in substantial loss of reputation.
Knowledge and Skills
Has significant knowledge of an advanced discipline with a working knowledge of related fields. Has significant knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Has knowledge to direct multiple functions and/or departments with full responsibility for operational results.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.