Regional Maintenance Tech
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
The Regional Maintenance Technician (RMT) provides Asset Management support for the associates responsible for the general operating maintenance, service and repair, including floor care, of the communities within their region and communities/offices.
- Assists with training needs, as necessary, to ensure community maintenance team performs regular maintenance tasks with a strong emphasis on floor care.
- Indirectly supervises and oversees community maintenance, housekeeping, carpet care and equipment, and laundry (if applicable). Responsibilities to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, resolving disciplinary issues and termination.
- Directs and trains associates engaged in the maintenance/upkeep of the interior and exterior of the community. Provides hands-on assistance, as needed.
- Provides guidance and technical approval for Capital Expenditure process. Works in conjunction with the Regional Property Management Director (RDPM) to insure capital budget projections are met.
- Ensures timely completion of Unit Turn, requested at community’s, to ensure Brookdale maintains compliance with Capital Budget and National Standards Programs.
- Directly monitors and evaluates the status of Preventive Maintenance program (CMMS): H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Completes the Property Condition Report to maintain compliance and tracking of life safety/safety issues, as well as, physical plant deficiencies.
- Responds to the Executive Director, Maintenance Technician and/or community emergencies by assisting, as needed.
Enters, responds to and closes-out work orders. Follows-up with vendors, as necessary, to maintain timely completion of all maintenance related work orders and invoicing.
- Works with Director of Maintenance (DOM)/Maintenance Technician (MT) to resolve Critical Alert Notifications by assessing the issue and implementing corrective action.
- Supports Asset Management’s role in all initiatives through completion.
- Works with the regional operations teams to monitor repairs & maintenance expenses, and contract budgets.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid Drivers License required for frequent vehicle travel.
Uses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of the organization and the business in order to handle arising problems and issues. Solves diverse problems using solid analytical skills where limited precedents/ guidelines exist. Experience in managing and mentoring sourcing professionals. Demonstrated leadership experience. Strong delegation and management skills.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Knowledge of building equipment, building codes and building systems (HVAC, plumbing and electrical) in health care facilities. Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: > 100 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.