Regional Nurse Manager - RN
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Oversees the day-to-day delivery of health services provided by the community.
- Assesses the health, functional and psycho-social status of new residents and participates in the development of personal service plans.
- Coordinates healthcare delivery for each community to determine appropriate care through management of clinical services and assessment processes. Participates in personal service plan reviews with the management team, communities and residents’ families.
- Regulates the medication and health-related supply distribution process, including appropriate documentation, ordering, storage, security, destruction and pharmacy consultations.
- Ensures the proper and timely documentation of health care according to Brookdale policies and procedures and in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Delegates nursing tasks to direct care staff in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act in areas of basic health care and proper documentation.
- Delivers health-related in-service and medication management training.
- Assists Executive Director in communicating with family members regarding the changing health care needs of residents.
- Consults with health care specialists to identify necessary ancillary services and support.
- Collaborates with Executive Management to implement company policies and procedures to guide the delivery of health care services to communities.
- Participates in company quality improvement activities and quality assurance surveys.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state RN license and a minimum of 2 years nursing experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current nurse (RN) license, issued by appropriate state licensing agency. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these. If serving in single community, may directly supervise associates who are certified to pass medications. No supervisory duties if serving multiple facilities.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of company. Ability to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.