Immediately Hiring!Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Assists the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant and/or the Speech Language Pathologist, as directed, in the setup of services, transportation of patients and general support to ensure quality care is being provided to each patient.
- Assists in scheduling, transporting and transferring patients, as required, for rehabilitation services.
- Participates in duties such as filing, copying, ordering equipment and supplies, compiling information for reports, data entry and communication with physician offices and family members. Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintains general upkeep of therapy treatment and office areas.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/corporate safety standards.
- Complies with Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards as applicable.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, patients, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum efficiency during assigned shift. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Innovative Senior Care concerning community and patient information.
- Attends in-services and staff meetings as directed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus previous rehabilitation experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, patients or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting patients
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.